MABUHAY !!!!

MABUHAY!!! It's our way of greeting visitors to the Philippines. It means "to life" or "long-live". In one word, it encapsulates who we are as a nation. Nowhere else in the world will you find a people with such a zest for life. In times of war or peace, the Filipino will always come out on top. We make light of everything... bad politics, showbiz scandals...even natural disasters... But that is what makes our country UNIQUE. It's the ever present smile on the Filipinos faces that helps us survive. So if you're interested in what makes the Philippines and the Filipinos tick... feel free to read on...



Mabuhay!!!

This is the first time i'm trying to blog... I've been egged on many times... prodded to write about my experiences as a Mabuhay Guide. But how do i know if I can sustain it? There are days when i don't want to stop writing - too much to say. There are days when i'm twirling my figers on the touchpad of my laptop and not an idea is within site... so i would appreciate your feedback, dear readers. It's probably going to be the only way i can reach you... and interact!

I will eventually post photos of my trips. I love taking pictures anyway. If you do have a questions with my postings feel free to ask. it might take some time, but i'll reply at the soonest.

I have tons of photos of places i've visited and posted them on facebook then i felt i needed wider viewership of my pics. I don't own a state of the art DSLR. BUt at least i have an eye for great photographs... you'll see them eventually.

I really feel the Philippines is not getting its share of tourist arrivals as far as the rest of the ASEAN nations are concerned. I guess we still have to show the world what we've got. But what's interesting is that a lot of British Birdwatchers are coming to the Philippines. In Candaba, Pampanga; Subic, Zambales; Olango Island, Cebu; Balanga, Bataan they come in groups to enjoy the quiet relaxation of watching our avian residents. Out of the 500 species of birds in Candaba swamp 200 are endemic in the Pnhilippines.

The Russians are discovering us too. New wealth and a penchant for warm weather have attracted some of them to our shores. Those Siberian winters have done a great deal in driving the Russians to see our tropical country. On the average, a Russian tourist will stay and see the Philippines for 14 days. It might not be enough to see the entire archipelago, but it's enough to whet their appetite and visit the country again the next time.

My job is to show off the Philippines to foreign visitors. But i get a kick when a fellow Filipino discovers that the paradise he so longs to visit is right there at his backyard... just waiting for him...

1 comment:

. said...

Den, I love your blog because it highlights the ins and outs of the Philippines through your perspective, and most of all it promotes the Philippines to the world, good job and more power to your blog